New chick chick parent

I got pandemic chickens too! If you want yours to lay in the nest boxes you might want to put fake eggs in them or golf balls. good luck!
Thank you. I have had fake eggs in there since they were 16 weeks old. Any suggestions welcomed. Pandemic chicks are the best. They bring me joy and sitting with them makes me feel better.

SUCH SWEET roo's
I have chickens 20 weeks old. They are my pandemic chicks spoiled rotten. I love them dearly. At night when I close door to coop, I wait till they are settled on roost @ night. I “tuck” them in petting each 1 at night. They are Rhode Island Reds and they will fuss on rare evenings I don’t tuck in. 1 just started laying but she does it on floor instead of nesting boxes. Nesting boxes about 14” above floor on bottom boxes. There’s straw & fake eggs in boxes & I use deep litter so they are actually closer to floor. What can I do to make boxes more enticing? I have 2 Roosters. They are my best audience when talking to them. I’m planning to build a tractor cause free range here is dangerous, hawks, fox & dogs.
I have had multiple, I just rescued one from someone that couldn't keep him anymore...
Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 11.05.00 PM.png

He's a Buff Brahma, he is under a year old, so taming him will be a bit of a lengthy process.
He doesn't quite have a name yet though...so any ideas are appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom