New Chick from Charlotte NC

just4cluckinfun

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
My husband has been talking about getting chickens for awhile now and I was never very interested, especially since I associated them with country living and we live in Charlotte. It wasn't until we went to the Cabarrus County Fair and spoke to a gentleman selling tractor coops that we found out you can own chickens in Charlotte.

So off to the internet I went to find out more information and came across this site. My husband is so happy
smile.png
that I did because now I am very interested in having our own little, max of 6, urban flock. For the last couple of weeks I have been reviewing chicken coops and have finally decided on a design, Witchita Cabin Coop". Our plan is to work on it over the Fall/Winter and have it ready by Springtime. Now it is time to start reading up on breeds to decide which type will work best for us.

I look forward to reading the informative posts and opinions of all BYC members as to date they have been most helpful. Thank you to all!

Wishing everyone and eggcellent day!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
The Reviews section is very helpful when choosing a chicken breed. And the Breeds section of course. Keep in mind you can keep different breeds together. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom