new chick from TX, hello!

fullerfamfarm

In the Brooder
May 18, 2015
Texas
just saying hi, new to the boards.
a bit new to chickens too.
i raised one round of broilers for the fair a million years ago, but not sure how much of that was retained :)

we just recently moved and finally have enough land to live out our dream of a small farm! and as soon as things dry out a bit more here in east tx we are going to start construction on our hen house!

i am sure i will have lots of questions and am so looking forward to learning much here!
blessings,
Katie

Nice to meet you Katie? Have you discovered the Learning Center? It makes a great refresher course. Welcome to Backyard chickens
D.gif

Hi :welcome Katie

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be starting out on a new chicken adventure :celebrate Please do drop by the learning centre as drumstick said it really is the place to start. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am planning on doing some reading at the learning center over the next few weeks while my dear husband goes about building. yesterday he drove nearly 5 hours one direction to get me this vintage chicken nesting box, such a sweetie!!!

Welcome Katie! You'll indeed learn a lot here, I'm 4 months new here and I can't tell you enough how knowledgeable and helpful everyone has been for me! I thought I was asking too many questions and dumb questions at that but I got the answers and steered in the right direction!

Welcome to BYC, Katie. Glad you decided join our flock. Which part of east Texas are you in? My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your hen house constructed.

Hi Michael, we are just north of Houston in a not so little little town called Conroe.
Its growing by leaps and bounds with this new Exon campus in Spring. Where did yall grow up?

Back
Top Bottom