New chick has foot issues.........................................................

Myles

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Indiana
4 hatched, another only managed to get its beak out before dieing. No biggy, I'm happy with 4 out of 8 on my first try.

One of the chicks, which was the first to hatch, won't walk on his feet. He scoots on his knees. His feet seem to be in working condition. Do I just wait and see? It's been 5 days.

He/she is still alive. Didn't grow as fast as the others it was hatched with. I have it with the next batch that hatched. It's still a little bigger than them, but I expect them to outgrow it soon. I though of just snapping its neck to end it, but my wife wants to keep it alive. It walks a little better now, but still drags one foot.

First let me say Congrats on a 50% hatch. That is good hatch. Sorry about your chick. I assume the chick is eating and drinking fine? That was good of you to put it with younger birds. It may get better with time and then I'm sorry to say it may give up but at least you are giving it a try. Good luck. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom