New Chick In Town

Hi, folks. I've already posted that I'm new here, but I guess it's good to do it again? I'm a musician. I write my own music. Years ago, my family had a band. I was also a teacher with my own phonics program to teach 2 year olds to read. I love to paint, and repurpose things. I just got my chicken coupe set up today. Of course, I'll need a lot more things before I purchase my chicks. I want to get them off to a good start. I have dogs and cats. We live out in the country near the Brazos River in Rosharon, TX. I see an electrified fence surrounding the chick coupe. I plan to purchase the chicks in the Spring. I hope they're not too expensive by then...dose anyone have advice or ideas on what would be the best breed of chicks for me to get at first? My coupe is very small, but I plan to expand it, as I get more chicks.
Welcome to BYC!!

Hi, folks. I've already posted that I'm new here, but I guess it's good to do it again? I'm a musician. I write my own music. Years ago, my family had a band. I was also a teacher with my own phonics program to teach 2 year olds to read. I love to paint, and repurpose things. I just got my chicken coupe set up today. Of course, I'll need a lot more things before I purchase my chicks. I want to get them off to a good start. I have dogs and cats. We live out in the country near the Brazos River in Rosharon, TX. I see an electrified fence surrounding the chick coupe. I plan to purchase the chicks in the Spring. I hope they're not too expensive by then...dose anyone have advice or ideas on what would be the best breed of chicks for me to get at first? My coupe is very small, but I plan to expand it, as I get more chicks.
Welcome! You can pre-order chicks from on-line hatcheries, or possibly from local breeders. They've become very popular, and I think they'll go quickly in the spring

Back
Top Bottom