New Chick Mama in Cali

rockinbarreds

Hatching
May 16, 2015
Central California
Hi everyone. I'm a new chick owner and new to BYC. I've been wanting to raise barred rocks for eggs for quite some time, but busy working mom duties kept getting in the way. Now that school's nearly out for the summer (I'm a teacher) I'll have more time for this new adventure. So excited about my little 6-pack of sweeties: Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Tanya Tucker, and June Carter Cash; and will be glad when I can tell them apart. I look forward to learning from all of you pros to raise happy and healthy hens ( hoping for no roosters
1f413.png
) lol !!!

Welcome! Love, love the names. I have been trying to figure out a name for one of my silkies. Just can't seem to come up with one..I see one of yours..that I just may..ahem..steal. He he..cute names. ( I like Patsy Cline..Patsy for short.)
thumbsup.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your chicks! Barred rocks are wonderful chickens. So curious, friendly and docile. And their eggs are large, brown and delicious! I love their names! I have five chickens named Gracie, Sunny, Quanie, Daisy and Rosie.

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours. Feel free to check out our learning center https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and ask any questions you may have

Back
Top Bottom