new chick not doing well, what does it sound like ?? to you??

pefferlawchicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
ontario, canada
ok so last night a chick started to hatch and was full of blood and veins so i let them dry out and peiled back more shell and then left him for the night , when i woke up he was out and alive but not walking so all day today i have been giving him sugar water and letting him sleep he uses one leg to steady himself and the other one to pusy him alon the ground he is drinking but not eating the chick starter , his neck is a bit weak but thats about it , also his head does little twitches what do you think is wrong with it , what can i do and what soft foods can i feed him , please help
sad.png

I'm not too sure what's wrong with him but it doesn't sound good. If he is having twitching then that could mean he has nurilogical issues. Which in english means, his backbone or neck bone nerves are bad. Likely he didnt do too well at the end of hatching. Not sure what the problem could have been as it could have been many things. But if he has these problems he wont be able to move right or process thoughts right. Imagine him as being a mentaly and physicly handy-cap kid. And we don't have a chicken ICU. If he is still doing bad like this by tomorrow I would cull him. As of right now the first 3 days he has food enough to live off of inside him from the yolk, but after that he would start starving to death if he isn't eating.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom