New chick owner from eastern NC

Hey neighbor!! Onslow county here. I'll put my hand in the wind and slap you a high five haha..
What breeds are they? And is it possible to tell the difference between pullet and cockerel with most breeds at that age?
I have one breed, Speckled Sussex bantams.

I had bantams before, 30 years ago, and enjoyed them. I don't mind small eggs.

I have my suspicions about their sex, with 3 of the bunch definitely getting more aggressive and larger combs. One of them, "blue" (leg ring) was pecking me several times yesterday. Nope, better cut out that stuff "boy", you can be replaced. ;)
IMG_20230322_173902461~2.jpg

March 23rd, his comb is larger and red now.

I have one breed, Speckled Sussex bantams.

I had bantams before, 30 years ago, and enjoyed them. I don't mind small eggs.

I have my suspicions about their sex, with 3 of the bunch definitely getting more aggressive and larger combs. One of them, "blue" (leg ring) was pecking me several times yesterday. Nope, better cut out that stuff "boy", you can be replaced. ;)
View attachment 3444792
March 23rd, his comb is larger and red now.
Oh boy, I hope it works out for you...doesn't sound good though. I have a similar situation with this starlight green egger. Both chicks in the picture are the same breed. The ones comb is much larger and the bird is more aggressive. We'll see....like you said..knock it off or you're getting replaced

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_104255497_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230325_104255497_HDR.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 2
Oh boy, I hope it works out for you...doesn't sound good though. I have a similar situation with this starlight green egger. Both chicks in the picture are the same breed. The ones comb is much larger and the bird is more aggressive. We'll see....like you said..knock it off or you're getting replaced
🥣

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom