New chick owner!

tofutop

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2015
Hello! Recently I got hold of 5 chicken eggs and decided to incubate them myself. However, 2 were unfertilised and only three made it to lockdown. It's now day 23 and only one chick has hatched. I've done some candling of the other 2 developed eggs, but have not seen any movement thus far :( The chick that hatched is only three days old and already trying to jump out of the brooder! BYC was my main source of information, and I am extremely grateful to everyone here. Thank you!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your hatched chick :clap If your other eggs don't hatch would you be able to get another chick for your hatched one as they do so much better with a friend. I use a Guinea cage for brooding as they can be pesky at jumping out at a very young age!!
Lovely to hear BYC has been so helpful for you.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chick and remaining eggs.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Quote:
Yes, I'm currently trying to find a friend for the little chick. Where I live it's quite a struggle to find chicks and chicken supplies, but I'll definitely try hard. Thank you for your kind words!

welcome-byc.gif

This time of year it can be difficult to find chicks. I hope you can find a friend for your 1 but if not, you might have some luck putting a small stuffed toy in with her or an unbreakable mirror...maybe then she wouldn't feel lonely.

Good luck to you and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom