New chick! Salmon Faverolle pics

hyzenthlay

Songster
12 Years
Feb 26, 2009
SW PA
I just brought home my third and final chick of the season last night, a sweet Salmon Faverolle pullet (hopefully). She was cheeping and lonely in her box on the drive home, so I held her as I drove, and she snoozed happily in my hands. Now, she comes running towards me full speed and peeping happily whenever she sees my hand. The other two chicks have bonded with each other, and are scared of my hands. She seems much feistier than my other two (Wyandotte and EE), too--when I wasn't holding her in the car, she figured out how to squeeze out of the hatchery box, which had the lid ajar, and jump onto the seat of my car. The other two just dozed in the corner of the box all the way home, no complaints, no escape attempts. The newbie has mixed in fine with the other two (1 week olds), thankfully. Here are my pics...

The new gal
3419861287_47537db880.jpg
3419860025_d311f13837.jpg

Size comparison--the 1 week old chicks dwarf her, but little bit can hack it with the big girls
3420618330_3e5a5cec7e.jpg

The crew:
3420579724_93b0784708.jpg

Taking a nap--this bear has mothering potential...
3422534026_c3a3197ab1.jpg

3420647546_d8cdc70f4e.jpg

love.gif
That is so cute! I have salmon faverolles coming on thursday! I am as excited as a mother hen! Can't wait to get back into chickens again. Good luck with your peeps!

So adorable! I really love the look of this breed. They are gorgeous.

(By the way, OP, I know which book your username comes from. It's one of my all-time favorites.
smile.png
).

Thanks, everyone!
big_smile.png
This little girl's a real character!

ChcknLady--from CL? How cool--nice to see you here!!

augustmomx2, I picked her up from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. Last I asked they were sold out of the Faverolle pullets until mid-June or so, but if you can wait (and aren't looking for show stock, of course), it's worth a call.

The Chicken Lady--yep, I love that book too, of course!

Back
Top Bottom