New chick with wry neck?

ghostie

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2012
Midwest
I just picked up my new chicks from the post office this morning, and one of my BBS Orpingtons seems to have wry neck?? Just hoping to get some of your expert opinions to see if there might be another cause that I didn't think of and get some tips on what to do.

Here's a link to a video of her: https://youtube.com/shorts/8sHsAiGAgLc

Also this article says to isolate it, with baby chicks idk if that is necessary. If so, maybe a wire barrier so she can still be close? Does she eat or drink?
I've not been able to watch her much yet because I had to leave for a dentist appointment, but I did see her eat. Haven't seen her drink yet.

I've not been able to watch her much yet because I had to leave for a dentist appointment, but I did see her eat. Haven't seen her drink yet.
As long as she can reach you shouldnt have to hand feed her. When you get the chance just dip her beak in the water than see if she does it by herself, then you dont have to worry about that.

Thank you! :)

I just got home from my appointment and went to check on the chicks and she's already seeming more perky, more straight, and is eating and drinking well. I think I will just keep adding the Sav-a-chick to their water (maybe that's what has helped already?) and try giving her some egg yolk to help supplement some selenium since she seems so much improved already.

Thank you! :)

I just got home from my appointment and went to check on the chicks and she's already seeming more perky, more straight, and is eating and drinking well. I think I will just keep adding the Sav-a-chick to their water (maybe that's what has helped already?) and try giving her some egg yolk to help supplement some selenium since she seems so much improved already.
Thats great!!

Back
Top Bottom