New Chick ...

dfrost7

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Southern California
I'm sure you've already suffered the "New Chick" thread title. But, I couldn't resist. I joined a few days ago and forgot to introduce myself. I'm Laurie. I found this website looking for more breed varieties, and to identify some I have seen.

I live in Southern California - Tujunga, to be specific. I had a small flock of egg layers (Rhode Island Red) and an unidentified rooster, many years ago. Love them. The girls were named by my five year old son: Lay Eggs, Taco, Chocolate and Broccoli.

I just finished painting lemon and chicken paintings for Christmas presents, this year. Painting the chickens was so much fun, I decided to keep going (the past three weeks). Which brings me back to why I joined. I finished a Black Cochin, two versions of a Wyandotte and a White Bantam is in the works. I take all the pictures myself, for reference, at my friends ranch in Bakersfield.

So, that's me. If anyone would make suggestions of breeds that would make great paintings, those suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers,
Laurie

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!

what beautiful art work you do!

Thank you, what a nice thing to say. So, what's a favorite I don't know about? Next on my list is a picture I took of my friend's Blue Andalusian. He's a beauty. I have been smitten by the many breeds I never knew existed.

Back
Top Bottom