New Chick ...

Howdy from Kansas, defrost, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here!!
wee.gif

I'm sure you've already suffered the "New Chick" thread title.

I live in Southern California - Tujunga, to be specific. I had a small flock of egg layers (Rhode Island Red) and an unidentified rooster, many years ago. Love them. The girls were named by my five year old son: Lay Eggs, Taco, Chocolate and Broccoli.

If anyone would make suggestions of breeds that would make great paintings, those suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers,
Laurie
Hi, Laurie. Maybe "suffered" is too strong. I think I've seen it on threads, and there is at least one member with that as part of her name.
I'm not sure I've got this: you had chickens in the past, but not currently? You have to go to a friend's ranch to interact with real chickies? (tsk, tsk, what a shame.
wink.png
)
Your paintings are beautiful. I think that Mille Fleur D'Uccles, are worth painting--they look painted, themselves, like they got splashed with other colors, on a field of gold. Of course I'm biased, having had some. Then again, I can't think of any breeds that would not make good paintings.
Again,
welcome-byc.gif
from Connecticut.

First question, Yes - I don't have chickens now, and go to my friend's house in Bakersfield to enjoy hers. I would love to have them. When you're renting in the Los Angeles area, there may be problems with owning chickens.

But: I love to paint them.

Quote:
Wow. Those are gorgeous ... the Mille Fleur D'Uccles. This is why I want to participate in a group, such as BYC. I may not be able to own them, at this time. But, I do want to enjoy them, and learn as much as I can. My friend Susie, gets a kick out of how much I love these beautiful animals. As an artist, it really shows in your work, if you connect, or are passionate about the subject. What I really like is how passionate the owners are about their chickens. The white Bantam I'm working on, belongs to a woman in Ventura, Ca. She loves him. He was a rescued stray, and is about at the end of his little life. She adores this little guy and it makes me really happy to work on the piece. (She doesn't know I'm doing it - it's a gift.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom