1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

New chicken and duck owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Junkybird, May 3, 2009.

1. Junkybird

Junkybird In the Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Dacusville, SC
    Hi there, I am so glad that I found this forum. I'll just answer the handy dandy questions. I love filling things out!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I am VERY new to chickens. I always knew that I wanted some for egg layers and now I've got them [​IMG] We've had our chickens and ducklings for about 3 weeks now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 21 chicks and 2 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 7 Dominickers (they are supposed to be anyway), 10 RIR and 4 Americanas (again, they are supposed to be as well) I guess I will have to find out what I REALLY have. The ducks are mallards. All are straight run. I need help finding out what I have.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I think it was from a search on yahoo. I've had lots of questions lately, but just now got around to joining so I can post.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We live way out in the country, have a huge garden, lots of fruit/nut trees, etc. Love animals. Sustainable living.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have two children, one boy, one girl, four outside cats. I am a SAHM and my husband works in marketing.

2. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

3. KyleD.

KyleD. Songster

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    [​IMG] From Oconee County, S.C

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Good for You! You have Quite a selection. WELCOME!!!!!

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Songster

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by