New chicken and duck owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Junkybird, May 3, 2009.

1. Junkybird

Junkybird Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    Dacusville, SC
    Hi there, I am so glad that I found this forum. I'll just answer the handy dandy questions. I love filling things out!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I am VERY new to chickens. I always knew that I wanted some for egg layers and now I've got them [​IMG] We've had our chickens and ducklings for about 3 weeks now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 21 chicks and 2 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 7 Dominickers (they are supposed to be anyway), 10 RIR and 4 Americanas (again, they are supposed to be as well) I guess I will have to find out what I REALLY have. The ducks are mallards. All are straight run. I need help finding out what I have.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I think it was from a search on yahoo. I've had lots of questions lately, but just now got around to joining so I can post.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We live way out in the country, have a huge garden, lots of fruit/nut trees, etc. Love animals. Sustainable living.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have two children, one boy, one girl, four outside cats. I am a SAHM and my husband works in marketing.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

3. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    [​IMG] From Oconee County, S.C

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Good for You! You have Quite a selection. WELCOME!!!!!

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by