new chicken gardener w/6 silkie chicks

tjabbie

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 13, 2015
Good morning byc, im happy to say byc has already saved the day ! One of our silkie chicks has 2 bent toes on each foot thanks to you all ive already jumped in with your lil chicken splints made with bandaids. So far so good! Ive read quite a bit info and keep coming back to your site. Im looking forward to this new adventure ! Have a wonderful day !

Welcome to BYC!

There's so much good information here and lots of friendly & knowledgeable members.

Glad it's already helped and nice to have you join us!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

Hope the splints work for you little Silkie.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Hope the splints work for your silkies toes and lovely to hear you have found BYC so helpful. Be sure to ask any questions you may have the forum is very diverse with a section for all aspects of poultry keeping.

Good luck, enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Glad BYC was so helpful in resolving your foot issue with your chicks. Since you obviously love silkies, you may want to peruse the "Silkie thread," for more information and great photos of this beautiful and popular breed. Welcome to the flock.

Thank you all for the warm welcome....im a bit challanged with the web so please understand. first let me say the splints worked ! Im thrilled to see the toes straightened out. Ive been quite busy with all our new babies. 5, 1 day old bantams were added exactly 2 weeks apart from our silkies.
im trying to find out why 3 of my silkies have feathering on their feet and 3 dont As of yet.... hatch dates of 4/1/15 purchased from our feed store locally sourced we were told. could someone assist me please ?. We purchased a beautiful 8x12 foot amish shed they delivered saturday, customizing for our babes.we r drawing up plans for a 12x20 foot aviary/chick chick pen..busy busy bees. Im very excited to blend these babies with my love of gardening. I look forward to your thoughts , and encouragement.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom