New Chicken Guy

nathansl2003

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2018
Central Vermont
Hi all!

I am going to use the sample template here to introduce myself, I have been using the forum and resources of Backyard Chickens for a while now, so now I have a question and probably a good time to join.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, when I was younger my dad owned farms and he raised some chickens. I got my first chickens on July 25, 2018 as day old chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 of them!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orphingtons

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
While researching chickens, this seemed the best play for resources and advice.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Backpacking/hiking, traveling, also have a farm that a friend owns we are getting ready for cows for next yet, we are currently raising pigs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
2 children 5 yo and 2 yo, my 5 yo son just went on his first backpacking trip a couple weeks ago, much to the disappointment of my 2 yo daughter, she thought she was going too. My wife had to take her on a 1/2 mile hike to make her happy.

We have 1 cat, one died about 5 months ago. But we are caring for a Siamese cat for a friend who live in college dorms, so I guess we have 2 again for a while.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC on the internet, seemed like everything that needed to be answered was here. I have been lurking here for about 4 months. Well I always intended to join right away, but just never signed up. But now I have a specific question, so it was a prime opportunity to join.

Nathan

BYC Welcome 8.jpg

Hi Nathan, it's nice to have you here! Make yourself at home and always feel free to ask questions...there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable members on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom