New Chicken-Head!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BlueMandolin, Jan 4, 2016.

1. BlueMandolin

BlueMandolin New Egg

Nov 29, 2015
    Grovetown, GA
    Hey everyone! I've been on the BYC site for a little while but I finally decided to take the plunge and say a quick hello. I'm a military gal stationed in Augusta, GA, - 7 years in the Air Force so far and still going strong. As the nature of my job does not require me to move around a lot (if ever) I have finally "settled down" and bought a house on an acre of land. Looking forward to raising some chickies, planting a small orchard and a sizable vegetable garden soon. Maybe get into goats once I decide to hang up the uniform. I'm also a big fan of bluegrass/folk/americana music and I love to play mandolin, guitar, bass, percussion, and banjo-mandolin! I look forward to hobnobbing with my fellow chicken-lovers on BYC. A lot of nice and helpful people on here.

Cheers!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and thanks for your service.

3. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Nice to meet you, thank you for serving! I like your avatar, don't believe I've ever seen a cat play the banjo before [​IMG]

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. There's a lot of good information in the Learning Center:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Thanks for joining us!

4. BlueMandolin

BlueMandolin New Egg

Nov 29, 2015
    Grovetown, GA
    Thanks very much! I see you are also a fan of baking. I just got into it recently and I really love it. Been making my own bread for a few months now. No more pre-packaged, pre-sliced grocery-store loaves!

I've got a cat named Banjo and I just thought the avatar picture was adorable. [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yay, another baker! Come on over to our home baker thread and say hi, we're a friendly bunch and we share all sorts of good things (and laugh at the not so good things too). On the first page of the thread is an index with all the recipe links...it's in the process of being sorted by category so excuse our construction but it's still totally operational. Love to have you!

6. BlueMandolin

BlueMandolin New Egg

Nov 29, 2015
    Grovetown, GA
    Will do!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens and thank you for your time in service.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by