New Chicken Lady on Lookout Mountain!

GracieKatt

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
Hello! From Lookout Mountain in Alabama!

I'm Amanda! 41 years old and born in GA, but raised mostly in NY, and about three years ago I transplanted myself and my then-ten-year-old-son right back down South. Living in NYC was literally killing me and my parents had moved here from Athens, GA, I came down to visit in August 2019, and the rest is history.

Finally after all these years I PLUCKED up my courage and went out and bought chicks! I found a local farm that seemed to know what they were doing and really care about their birds and bought four chicks from them a couple of weeks ago.
But we got up to a rough start. One of those chicks took sick after a couple of days and though I asked, googled, and tried everything I could figure out to do about it, and thought I was nursing it back to health, I came home one day last week and the poor baby had died. I have heard this is just a part of raising chickens, but we're still pretty sad about it. Well, when the lady at the farm heard one of my chicks was sick, she was so nice that she gave me another chick so I would still have four, but now that one and one other one are sick too. I've learned more in the past week and I am hoping I can get these little birbs back to full health, which is the main reason I am here. ( I had signed up for an account over a year ago in PREPARATION for possibly getting chickens, but I never got them until just recently, so here I am). So far this site and the FB group seem like indispensable fonts of knowledge, and I hope someday that I will be able to help other people too instead of just asking for help all of the time!

IMG_6875.jpg

Yellow dot: Tasha, Red dot: Valista, Green dot: Lurleen, Blue dot: Zelda, may she rest in Chicken Heaven, Purple dot: Eudine. Eudine has already flown two feet into the air since this photo was taken!

Back
Top Bottom