New chicken lovers from SE Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cmychicks, Jun 12, 2009.

1. cmychicks

cmychicks In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    I must confess that being a chicken owner was not my idea nor did I think it was a good idea (in the beginning). My husband and two boys visited TSC around Easter and a dozen baby chicks must have jumped into their truck. [​IMG] Now, 9 weeks later, all 22 (yes... my husband decided we needed more about 2 weeks after the initial 'stow aways') chickens are moved into their outside residence (pics on coop forum).

Just want to say hello and THANK YOU. I found this site early on and it has been invaluable. From identifying & fixing pasty butt, to constructing a brooder and coop, to identifying breeds (which I still need help with), this site and all the member's knowledge has been soooo appreciated. Also............... I now love the idea of having all these little buggers running around. They are such a joy.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

It doesn't take much to become addicted to chickens, does it?! [​IMG] Glad you found us here and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT!

4. Owner of Elvis

Owner of Elvis In the Brooder

May 22, 2009
    Welcome from a newbie in MO![​IMG]

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    [​IMG] from North Carolina![​IMG]

They do kinda grow on you don't they!![​IMG]

6. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

7. joedie

joedie Songster

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] and Welcome from Indiana! You'll find yourself spending far too much time on this site!

8. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Songster

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    [​IMG] from MN!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: