New chicken mama

Desimmons524

Chirping
Feb 17, 2020
Connecticut
Hi! My name is a Deana and I just got chicks for the first time ever and I’m enjoying it. My chicks are 6 weeks old and they don’t roost yet. They don’t even go into their coop at night. I have to physically put them in there. Is this something they will eventually do on their own or do they need to be taught? I don’t have any older hens for them to learn from.

Hi! My name is a Deana and I just got chicks for the first time ever and I’m enjoying it. My chicks are 6 weeks old and they don’t roost yet. They don’t even go into their coop at night. I have to physically put them in there. Is this something they will eventually do on their own or do they need to be taught? I don’t have any older hens for them to learn from.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! Your chicks will learn at their own pace. Have faith!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Place a flashlight in the coop before darkness falls and the chicks will naturally gravitate towards the coop.Here are some helpful links:

• Great go-to resource - Articles
  • How to start a new thread
  • Find other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).
Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom