New Chicken Mama

ItsMeAmmie

Chirping
Dec 6, 2020
Washington
I am new to the chicken raising scene. I got 5 of my Lady Birds in July. Actually, my neighbor got them in July and then I got them about 8 weeks later. Then she brought me 3 silkies a week or so after that. One week later she surprised me with 2 frizzles.
That is a grand total of 10. However, as it turns out, one of the silkies is a boy, as well as one of the frizzles.
As far as the first 5 ladies go, I haven't a clue what breeds they are.

So far, my favorite thing about having backyard chickens is that they are so much fun to watch, and it's nice not to have to buy eggs too.

Some of my other hobbies include gardening, cooking, baking, crocheting, paper crafts, jewelry making, sewing, drawing, painting.....pretty much ALL things Art's and Crafts. I also love music.

About my family.... I live in Washington state, Puget Sound area, with my husband Mitchell and my two daughters, Jasmine 20, and Payton 15. I also have a son, Brandon 25.
I have a 5 year old pretty Pity named Penelope . She is my baby and she doesn't know that she's a dog. My youngest daughter has 2 Guinea Pigs, Harlow and Skunk, they were rescues that we got about a year ago. They are funny little creatures.

I found BYC when in was looking for information about raising chickens. I decided to join because I have sooooooo many questions and curiosities about them and figured that having access to so many people who actually have a better idea than myself of what they are doing and what's really going on would be helpful so I hopefully won't mess up to horribly!

Hi and welcome to BYC. There are some threads relating to your hobbies, so check out the Random Ramblings forum.Here are some helpful links:
  • Great go-to resource - Articles
  • Space requirements
  • Find other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).
Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom