New Chicken Mama

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
That's quite the nice variety of breeds you have.
Thanks! In my mind, they all make sense together! lol Basically nice temperament friendly dual purpose breeds that may (or may not) be super old, and are either awesome layers, or have super pretty eggs, right? They each have to be strong in at least 2/3 of those categories. haha I also appreciate cold-hardiness. I'm less sure though on how the sizing might all work out hypothetically, but I'm glad at least to start I think the Aussies and the Wellies should be similarly matched for size.

Hello, welcome to BYC. By next year, I'll bet you'll have 50% more chickens. Besides, if you have welsummers, you'll need at least 4 to 5 easter eggers, for the contrasting egg colors. And maybe a white layer or two. 🤣 better start shopping for your new home in the countryside.

Welcome! Post pics ☺️
Sure! I just started bringing the big girls outside, and I took pics of each individual of the baby chicks last week to help me learn to identify them. haha It's so hard with the chipmunk ones, but it's getting easier now that their tailfeathers are coming in, and they are becoming more interactive. I need to try to keep taking more pics outside the brooder, too, (mostly I was too scared to take them out at all in the beginning), because nearly all the pics have that weird red brooder light thing going on. hahah The 3-weekers graduated to a much bigger crate with TWO perches yesterday, and the babies got a new little mini perch that barely fits in there with them haha 20220518_132310.jpg 20220521_201507.jpg 20220523_195554.jpg 20220524_004533.jpg

Hello, welcome to BYC. By next year, I'll bet you'll have 50% more chickens. Besides, if you have welsummers, you'll need at least 4 to 5 easter eggers, for the contrasting egg colors. And maybe a white layer or two. 🤣 better start shopping for your new home in the countryside.
Yes, exactly! You totally get me hahah Although DH is a very basic guy, he just wants brown eggs, or maybe white, so I will have to focus on various shades of brown for now. The Americaunas are the "surprise" on top! lol

Back
Top Bottom