New Chicken Mama

jsawhite

Hatching
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Hello all. I am Susan. I just inherited my new flock 2 months ago. I have 3 Rhode island reds. I never ever imagined how much I would love being a chicken mama, but I do! I have discovered they have the best personalities! A week ago I bought 6 baby Rhode islands to make my flock bigger. I enjoy this so much and I find this website to provide the best, and easiest to read material. I just graduated nursing school last week, but maybe I should have gone to vet school, hahahaha!
My babies are out growing their plastic bin I have them in and I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do with them till they are ready to join my adults. Guess I will head back up to Tractor supply to fix some mistakes I have made and to get a bigger box.
Thank you for all the info I have learned here and I will frequent this site as I grow as a chicken mama!

Susan

when our chicks grew too big for their bin we put them outside.they were full feathered.if you plan on putting them with your other chickens i would put them somewhere close to them so they can see each other.you put them together when they are two months old when they wont fight much or get killed from being to small.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom