New Chicken Mom Here!

NewFLChickenMom

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Brand new chicken mom! I'm on week 8 with them and they were 3-5 weeks old when we got them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 5 chicks currently. We are restricted to 6 hens in my area and are not allowed roosters.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I believe we have 3 Olive Eggers, one Americuana, and one unknown that is definitely a rooster. We believe two are hens for sure, but the others are still growing.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are so much more fun than I thought they'd be. I knew I would enjoy them but they each have their own personality that i was not expecting.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I was a well known cat lady prior to chickens, and now people know I'm a cat and chicken lady. I love to read and fish with my family.

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Many posts that I've read online recommend BYC. I have searched forums before but just decided to join. I live in Southwest Florida and many of the posts I see around involve cold weather climates and I'm interested in what other people do in Florida.
IMG_3600.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom