New chicken mom in Phoenix, AZ

Tina Gerow

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2023
We just got a new house in Phoenix and inherited a coop with 4 bantams and 4 larger chickens and we love them! The previous owners, who are friends, are going to build a coop and take the bantams but we'll still have our 4 big ladies. We need to build or buy another coop since this one's wood is starting to rot, but one step at a time. We got an actual chicken feeder that the local birds can't get to so we aren't going through a ton of chicken feed each week, and an auto waterer so their water bucket isn't always dry. And we've researched what goodies the ladies can eat safely and how often, but they're free range so they love roaming the back yard for whatever goodies they can find as well. I look forward to searching the site and learning everything I can about these new ladies who have come into our lives!

We just got a new house in Phoenix and inherited a coop with 4 bantams and 4 larger chickens and we love them! The previous owners, who are friends, are going to build a coop and take the bantams but we'll still have our 4 big ladies. We need to build or buy another coop since this one's wood is starting to rot, but one step at a time. We got an actual chicken feeder that the local birds can't get to so we aren't going through a ton of chicken feed each week, and an auto waterer so their water bucket isn't always dry. And we've researched what goodies the ladies can eat safely and how often, but they're free range so they love roaming the back yard for whatever goodies they can find as well. I look forward to searching the site and learning everything I can about these new ladies who have come into our lives!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom