New chicken mom introduction

ohiostarkli

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2020
Northeastern Ohio
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I just started raising chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 14 leghorns and 6 australorp. Actually 4 of the leghorns may not be leghorns. They are off-white. Their coo sound differently than the other leghorns. They don't have long tail feathers either. They are also more chubby. So I am not sure.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Eggs! Just watching them, trying to understand and connect with them. Their behaviors fascinate me. Sometimes they are comical. Also, we barely have kitchen waste any more. Love to be green and sustainable.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love music, playing accordion, piano and singing in church choir.
My husband loves wood working. He built the coop (8*8) and run(8*24) himself.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have 2 children. We have a yellow lab. We are both teachers. Physics and math.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I just started raising chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 14 leghorns and 6 australorp. Actually 4 of the leghorns may not be leghorns. They are off-white. Their coo sound differently than the other leghorns. They don't have long tail feathers either. They are also more chubby. So I am not sure.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Eggs! Just watching them, trying to understand and connect with them. Their behaviors fascinate me. Sometimes they are comical. Also, we barely have kitchen waste any more. Love to be green and sustainable.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love music, playing accordion, piano and singing in church choir.
My husband loves wood working. He built the coop (8*8) and run(8*24) himself.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have 2 children. We have a yellow lab. We are both teachers. Physics and math.
welcome2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom