New Chicken Mom

Liberty Mom

In the Brooder
May 18, 2016
Hello All. I became a chicken mom in the first week of April. I have 4 chickens. I have really enjoyed watching them grow so quickly and I find there is something relaxing about watching and interacting with them. I have so much more to learn and have been reading on your forums for some time and decided to join you here today. I hope to continue learning how to be a good chicken lady. LOL!!

They were not sexed when I got them so I do not know what gender they are. I took some pics and hope that you might be able to help me. I have a RIR, an Australorp, a Chocolate Orpington, and a Cochin. I think the RIR is about 8 weeks and the rest are almost 7 weeks. Here they are! :)

welcome-byc.gif

No one's screaming cockerel at this point. I think they're all pullets
smile.png

Thank you! That would be amazing!! I have noticed that the Australorp and the Orpington have reddish wattles that are developing and the others do not. I know they all develop at different rates, so I didn't know what to think.

Thanks again!

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Here is an update. The australlorp and chocolate Orpington turned out to be roosters. Although, I have only seen the Orpington crow so far.

Back
Top Bottom