1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicken mom!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Annemade, May 19, 2017.

1. Annemade

Annemade Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2017
    Michigan
    I have wanted to have chickens for years. This year for mothers day I received a coop and 6 chicks! It was the best mothers day ever. My grandchildren love them. I have been doing a lot of reading about raising chickens this past week. It has been challenging weather in Michigan this past week, but so far so good. Everyone seems happy & healthy. Can't wait to see them grow and start laying eggs!

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hello and wecome to BYC!!!! Great to have you! We love seeing pictures of baby chicks! Please post pictures of them soon!

3. Mooker

Mooker Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2017
    Welcome! :frow

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you will visit the Learning Center at top of page. It is a great starter for newbies and can even answer questions you haven't thought of yet.

5. Annemade

May 16, 2017
    Michigan
    Thanks for the welcome. I am reading daily on all different chicken topics. I hope to start building a run for my darlings soon. There are soooo many designs to choose from . It's another cold night. Made sure the heat lamp is working and all are snug and warm.

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!

7. Annemade

May 16, 2017
    Michigan
    Here are my beautiful girls! So far they don't have names yet, waiting to see their personalities. I have assigned them numbers. Number 3 is the ones that likes to look at the camera. 20170520_192948.jpg

sunflour, Jensawesome and SunnyX like this.
  8. SunnyX

SunnyX Just Hatched

May 16, 2017
    We bought chickens at the Co-op, but they are three times the size now and roosting in the tree.

Attached Files:

9. Annemade

May 16, 2017
    Michigan
    So cute. You must be where it is warm. Michigan just can't make up her mind yet on cold or hot.

SunnyX likes this.
  10. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
    Welcome to BYC, My brother also lives in Mich. and says the same thing. He said it don't know if its winter or summer. NO real in between at all.

I think that Mothers Day Gift was the best. How did they hide that from you so you didn't hear chirping from them chicks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by