New chicken momma

Juliakbp1

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
Hello my name is Julia, and I am a new chicken momma. I live with my in-laws who own chickens, but this is the 1st year I have owned chickens. I have 2 Easter Eggers, 6 White Leghorns and 5 Barred Rocks pullets that are 8 weeks old. I am also taking care of my father in laws 3 week old Black Australorp pullets.

My favorite aspect of chicken raising is the EGGS, we LOVE fresh chicken eggs. My son also loves chickens and we love to just watch then. They are very entertaining.

I found this site through a search looking for information on finding out if my Easter Eggers are in fact Hens and came across your site. Withing reading some of the posts, I realized that the people in this community are friendly and it seems very knowledgeable

Hello! Welcome to the BYC community! We’re so glad you joined. Please feel free to ask any questions or give advice to anyone who might benefit from your experience.

Nice mixed flock! The eggs are such a fun part of raising chickens, especially finding their first ones! They’re beautiful as well!

Thanks for joining, and I hope we’ll meet on some other threads too!

Sounds like you have your hands full with your mixed flock of lovely babies! It's great that your son is also a fan of chickens; he can learn so much from spending time with them.

Thanks for the nice things you said about this community. As you already know, BYC members have so much experience and a willingness to help others succeed.

Welcome to BYC!

Hello my name is Julia, and I am a new chicken momma. I live with my in-laws who own chickens, but this is the 1st year I have owned chickens. I have 2 Easter Eggers, 6 White Leghorns and 5 Barred Rocks pullets that are 8 weeks old. I am also taking care of my father in laws 3 week old Black Australorp pullets.

My favorite aspect of chicken raising is the EGGS, we LOVE fresh chicken eggs. My son also loves chickens and we love to just watch then. They are very entertaining.

I found this site through a search looking for information on finding out if my Easter Eggers are in fact Hens and came across your site. Withing reading some of the posts, I realized that the people in this community are friendly and it seems very knowledgeable
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom