New Chicken Mom's First Five Days

Your chicks are all adorable!! Can't wait to see them when they are a little older. We have 2 Welsummers and we love them! They are so curious, one is quiet and one is quite the talker. We also have 2 Delaware, 2 New Hampshire Reds and an older Barred Rock hen. We are getting 4 Ameraucana chicks at the end of March.

Aww thanks! I'll definitely be sharing more pictures as they get older.
I'm so excited about Theodosia! It's great to hear from you how much you enjoy your Welsummers!!! From my research they look like such a great breed and I can't wait to get to know this first hand! I don't think I've ever seen a Delaware! Now I need to go look that breed up. The other two breeds I hear are super fun, and good luck with your new babies when they arrive!!! <3

Ahhh, your little babies look adorable! Hatchlings can be quite the little troublemakers and will always be up to some form of mischief so I wish you luck on trying to keep them out of it haha. I hope everything runs smoothly with them and they grow up to be nice, strong ladies <3

<3 Thank you so so so much for your kind wishes! They mean a lot. I'm trying not to be toooooo broody of a mama (heh), but I worry and want them to be happy. Seriously, you rock! Thanks again. <3

Hang on to your gorgeous chick photos, BYC often has contests. I think your pictures would also be great on the 2020 BYC Calendar - no joke.

!!!! Oh Cool!!! Thanks so much for the compliment and advice! I've got a file going, and plan on taking some more shots of them to document their growth and shenanigans. <3 I really appreciate how helpful and friendly everyone seems to be here, it's amazing! <3

Someone stole her woodchip! The nerve!

They are much like toddlers, aren’t they? And yours are precious.

<3 Thank you! Seriously, a more true statement has not been said! They squabble over the silliest things thinking the other has something better. It's entertaining to see them tearing around triumphantly with what looks like a wood chip to us, but a mighty scepter of power to them. XD

Back
Top Bottom