New chicken owner here

beaverdood

Hatching
Aug 8, 2016
Hi. My wife has been talking about getting chickens for years. At the end of May, she finally went to Wilco and bought 4 chicks: a Buff Orpington, Cuckoo Maran, New Jersey Giant and a mystery bird. Barred Rock, perhaps? Then the mad scramble of building our first chicken coop ensued. It's been a learning experience to say the least. It turned out pretty well considering our total lack of experience or knowledge.
1f62c.png

We didn't fully realize how fast the chicks would grow. Thank goodness the coop was done before they outgrew their brooder!

I am pleased to learn as much as I can from this forum. Thank you for any help you can provide as we are learning all about our new chickens.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Yes those chicks sure do grow very quickly! Great to hear you got your coop finished and everything ready for them. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC. To id any of your birds - post photos and mention age - at "what breed or gender is this." Have you checked out the Learning Center, it has answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.

Back
Top Bottom