New Chicken Owner Here!

Put a chair or swing close by the chicken Pen or Coop and enjoy. Try different treats like mealworms, broccoli and yogurt. Fancy up the chicken area for guests to enjoy as well. Get an automatic waterer and save yourself daily watering with all those chicks.

Oh yes. The cornish X's do stink and they look gross too. But I still raise em but now only 5 at a time instead of 25 or 50. My freezer is not big enough for the monsters.

Wish you the best.

Give them something to do. A bored chicken is bound to get into trouble somehow. Be it destroying something or pecking its sisters. Give them a roost, a mirror, scatter some of their food under their shavings for them to dig for, when they get 3 to 4 weeks old, start taking them outside for some field trips. Mostly have fun!

And Welcome!

Love this! We just buried a large clump of grass where they can roam. We also put a wooden pallet in there with one end up on two rocks. They climb all over it and under it. =)

Put a chair or swing close by the chicken Pen or Coop and enjoy. Try different treats like mealworms, broccoli and yogurt. Fancy up the chicken area for guests to enjoy as well. Get an automatic waterer and save yourself daily watering with all those chicks.

Oh yes. The cornish X's do stink and they look gross too. But I still raise em but now only 5 at a time instead of 25 or 50. My freezer is not big enough for the monsters.

Wish you the best.

Good idea =) My father in law has a deck pretty close to it and he loves watching them! So far they get worms, grubs, and oyster shell buts. Other than reading about yogurt I wasn't sure what else to give them human food wise. Thanks!

And yes I think we will do about 5 at a time on the Cornish X's from now on. Yuck!

Back
Top Bottom