New Chicken Owner

teabea

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2018
Good evening from Shropshire, UK

Wet and rainy here on the Shropshire hills, 6 chicken all gradually getting used to new home, introduced 2 at a time. Last 2 being a bit picked esp my little barred rock called Linda. Back of neck a bit sore and inflamed so will step back a bit and give them all some breathing space meantime (its a bank holiday here) put emergency Vicks vapourub and ordered some iodine to clean it with, feel very guilty as she is the smallest and I had an inkling she may be picked on. Other hens are 2 Bluebells, 1 Warren, 1 Suffolk Utility and a Rhode Rock (we think)
So Trish, Shirley, Janet, Jackie, Sandra and Linda say Hi!

Teabea

welcometoBYC.jpeg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

I use Blukote here for wounds. It is an anti septic and colors the wound blue so that the chickens will not go after the red bloody look.

Go slow with introducing them. Add the new ones in after dark. Put them on the roost next to the old ones. Remove in the morning if the get too rough

:frow Welcome from New Orleans, hope you find BYC friendly and informative, I have. It's a great place to make friends and learn lots, as well as get help when you need it, as many people here are very well informed and happy to share info, as well as emotional support.

Back
Top Bottom