New Chicken owner

Welcome to BYC ! :)

You have come to the right place for every information possible on poultry keeping.

Do you want to keep the aggressive rooster? How old are these inherited chickens?
I would like to keep the rooster if I can keep my pups safe and myself. Don’t know their age.
Howdy :frow :welcome . Those are very interesting colors on your roo and the white hen with black comb and beak. I'm not very good at identifying breeds though. Your rooster's job is to protect the hens and you are new. He is doing his job. If he was free-ranging before, then imo it would be okay to let him out again. Just leave your little dogs out of the yard and take some treats with you for distraction when you go put them back in. Chickens like routine. They are creatures of habit. Also, do they drink from those water bottles? Does that water get hot?
Hi and thank you for your info. Yes they drink from the hampster looking water bottles ( strange I know), I have been keeping these bottles changed and full every day, my friend bought me the proper water container regularly used for chickens so will attempt to change tomorrow. These chickens are at least 4 yrs old and been drinking from those bottles that whole time I believe. Again thanks for your information we are going to let them out and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom