1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new chicken owner

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 20tundra, Dec 9, 2009.

1. 20tundra

20tundra Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2009
    mississippi
    Just finished my coop about 2 weeks ago and got my chickens Saturday. I have 14 Rhode Island/White Leghorn cross. They seem to be settling in and I'm already getting 3 eggs a day.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Your set up looks fantastic! I bet the flock is thrilled with their new home too [​IMG]

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    [​IMG] Welcome from Iowa!
    Keep reading ! You'll learn so much here at BYC!
    [​IMG]

4. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    [​IMG]

5. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from KY

6. dani2

dani2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Your chicken area looks really nice but dont forget chickens are addicting and you will always feel the need for more [​IMG]

7. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Your setup looks great! I'm impressed that you did the coop and run BEFORE getting the chickens!

8. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Yeah! Chickening is definately an opening to obsession - I am suppose to only have 3 and I have 6 and I am planning on Coocoo Marins in the spring! (I just have to ease my hubby into the idea!!!!) I love living in rural america! I finally can have all the pets I can feed and care for! YEAH!!!!
    Caroline
    Jax FL

9. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] from NY!

10. 20tundra

20tundra Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2009
    mississippi
    I was originally going to start with 8 chickens but I found a guy with 14 left who gave me a good deal if I took them all. It rained all day yesterday and they seemed to have enough room inside. They are all using the same laying box so far like I've seen others talk about on this sight. Next spring I'll give them access under the coop for shade. I have it blocked off now in case they decide to lay underneath. I'll probably start letting them out in a couple of weeks during the day when I can keep an eye on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by