new chicken owner

20tundra

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 8, 2009
mississippi
Just finished my coop about 2 weeks ago and got my chickens Saturday. I have 14 Rhode Island/White Leghorn cross. They seem to be settling in and I'm already getting 3 eggs a day.
45501_chickens_228.jpg

Last edited:
Your chicken area looks really nice but dont forget chickens are addicting and you will always feel the need for more
smile.png

Yeah! Chickening is definately an opening to obsession - I am suppose to only have 3 and I have 6 and I am planning on Coocoo Marins in the spring! (I just have to ease my hubby into the idea!!!!) I love living in rural america! I finally can have all the pets I can feed and care for! YEAH!!!!
Caroline
Jax FL

I was originally going to start with 8 chickens but I found a guy with 14 left who gave me a good deal if I took them all. It rained all day yesterday and they seemed to have enough room inside. They are all using the same laying box so far like I've seen others talk about on this sight. Next spring I'll give them access under the coop for shade. I have it blocked off now in case they decide to lay underneath. I'll probably start letting them out in a couple of weeks during the day when I can keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom