New chicken owner

momma2kmm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Okay so I grew up with chickens and we decided to get a few for the kids as they love playing with them at my parents house. We went to tsc and the kids picked two of the assorted pullerts and one of the bantams. Of course we had to get one black and one yellow! Well I am worried I may have a Cornish rock :( I had one as a kid and the poor thing suffered :( I don't want their "pet" chicken to die in 6 months. Could you tell me if this is really a Cornish x or if not what you believe it is?! Thanks in advance!
[/IMG][/IMG]

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new chicks! I do not know what his breed is yet either. A bit too young to tell. But definitely follow the link to the What Breed section that Kelsie has left you with. Someone there will be able to help you.

Good luck and I will be pulling for you that this is NOT a Cornish X!
fl.gif

Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom