New chicken owners from Melbourne, Australia

jonaeselaye

Songster
Nov 3, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone,

My name is Jona, I am 23 from Melbourne, Australia. I recently joined BYC and so glad that I did. What a wonderful and helpful community of chicken lovers :) Looking forward to learning more about chicken care and getting to know the BYC community.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, my boyfriend and I got our first chickens Sept 22th

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Silkies, 1 Isa Brown, 1 mixed breed
silkies.jpg

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Sitting down and watching them interact with each other. They are so funny to watch and it's interesting observing their different personalities.
veronica 2.jpg

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Travelling, reading, jogging, netflix

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my boyfriend, Dean (28), in Altona a beach suburb in Victoria, Australia. We are homestay hosts and spend most of free time taking care of our animals or taking care of our international student guests. Dean is a business improvement and IT professional and I work in science and business. Asides from our flock, we have two dogs and are currently fostering a pekin duck for a friend.

family christmas pic 2017.jpg

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Back when we were thinking of getting chickens, we spent a fair bit of time reading through articles and threads on BYC to prepare for our own flock. I finally joined after needing some help sexing a member of our flock :)

Back
Top Bottom