New Chicken Parents in Justin, TX -- Coming soon!

Alllllllrightyy---

8 days until closing and just over 3 weeks until we move into our new place in Justin. I have been collecting scrap wood and piece parts to put together a couple brooders until we are in the new spot. We picked up 11 chicks over the weekend as well--- I know what 10 of them are breed wise; all pullets too-- I'll need some help identifying the last grey/yellow chick. It's the only pullet with a name-- Mildred. She was the only chick of her kind and the lady at the store wasn't exactly sure. All she could tell me was that she was for sure a pullet.

The first brooder I made several changes to right off the bat. Will do the same thing with the second one we just slapped together. More than twice as large so the girls have a bit more space the last week or so before moving. Once we are moved in I will build a run and coop for all the girls including the 2 Barred Rocks that come with the house.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics!

2-3 day old chicks purchased 3/11/17:

• 3 Gold Sex Link
  • 3 Black Sex Link
  • 2 Barred Rock
  • 2 Buff Orphingtons
  • 1 Grey with Yellow face & Neck(help with breed)

My niece, nephew and daughter right when we got home from the store with the chicks.

Brooder propped up---You can see the water setup I put together-- they love it and it keeps the water from getting dirty.

First iteration before I made a hinged top with hardware cloth etc-- the chicks are happy and warm!

Brooder closed with the new hinged top.

Mildred-- the unknown breed. Any ideas????

Mildred is a cutie eh?

Buff Orphington pullet

Barred Rock pullet

Black Sex Link pullet

Black Sex Link

Gold Sex Link pullet

My 2 year old enjoying her baby chicks. She LOVES them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom