New chicken parents!

tjcharles

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
My family and I are so excited to have our hens. We got them in March! One SLW, two RIR, and three Easter Eggers. We also have two Silkie Bantums that belong to my son. We are having a lot of fun, or we were. Right now our SLW is separated. We believe that the others have pecked her. This is our first "issue" with our flock. I look forward to any and all advise!

TJ

Howdy and welcome to the flock! I had a similar issue with one of my naked necks she was bullied badly by the other chickens and one morning I walked out to the run and found her with her neck skin missing EEK! A little tlc and she is now happily living with my bantam flock. Best of luck with your flock!

My family and I are so excited to have our hens. We got them in March! One SLW, two RIR, and three Easter Eggers. We also have two Silkie Bantums that belong to my son. We are having a lot of fun, or we were. Right now our SLW is separated. We believe that the others have pecked her. This is our first "issue" with our flock. I look forward to any and all advise!

TJ
welcome-byc.gif
Do you have any good pictures of the problem area? Is it just pecking (pecking order) or is she getting torn up badly?

As you can see from my picture, it is just her bum. Down side is, we have to clean her two to three times a day because her waste will stick to her. I put the first application of blue coat on today. We noticed this yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom