1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicken supplies

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Dirtyhip, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    [​IMG]

I just bought the girls a metal hanging feeder. They have outgrown their chick feeder and I got tired of food spills due to the knocked over feeder.

Also, I bought new pine bedding stuff. Their coop is pretty clean smelling. I use the DE, and pick up the heavy spots pretty much weekly. They have been in the coop for almost a month now. Probably will not need fresh shavings for a bit. It just feels good to be prepared with supplies.

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is to me. I'm poor, so being able to buy something new for the girls is nice.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    lol i know the feeling i only got two chickens for bout 2 1/2 months put use the pine bedding still smells great. [​IMG]

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] Great Job! Feels good to provide for your pets.

4. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    thats why i like animal they don't care about brands or style as long as they got food and water. Thats all they need and they'll love u no matter what

5. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Good deal! We don't have a lot but we always seem to be able to take care of our dogs and chickens. Not having kids helps in that respect,and the critters help not having kids.

6. Dirtyhip

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    Both of our dogs died of old age within the last two years. It has been terribly lonely here, so that is why I got hens. Well, I hope they turn out to be hens. [​IMG]

No kids here. Just plants and chickens.

7. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Cool I love chickens, and roos can be nice if hand raised [​IMG]

8. Dirtyhip

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    I can't have roos. I'm pushing it, just with the hens and my food not lawn shenanigan. We live in the city.Our property is about 1/4 acre.

We have 4 hens in a 32 sq ft coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by