New / Chicken?

BKM

Hatching
Mar 26, 2018
Hi- I am new to the board today.. thanks for all the information I have found already! I am new to chickens other than a few barn yard chickens we have had for the past couple of years. My 12 year old daughter is into chickens and showed a few at our local fair last year. A friend of ours (the fair chicken director) bought my daughter a pair of silver campines last fall. Unfortunately the rooster died but we still have a hen, which leads me to my first question (Of course he bought her what seems to be rare chicken breed!). Does anyone have any sources for silver campine chicks/eggs? We would like to try and grow our campine flock. Having trouble locating sellers. I emailed Tin Star Poultry in Tuscaloosa, Al and am waiting to hear back.

Also, I have attached a rooster that I am not sure of the breed. One of those free deals that my daughter came across! Can anyone help?

Attachments

• rooster1.png
    rooster1.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 4
:welcome

Here's a link to the state threads, you may find it helpful to chat with other members in your area:find-your-states-thread.270925

A couple of years ago, there was a Breed Focus thread on Campines:chicken-breed-focus-campine.1077842 You might like to read more about the breed.

Thanks for joining us and best of luck to you and your DD!

G'Day from down under BKM :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

Sorry, living in Aus, I am not able to assist you with the breed you seek but you have already received some good information so I will just wish you all the best.

I am pleased you have delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom