New Chickens pecking at old chickens-PLEASE HELP

Lillyk24

Chirping
Mar 2, 2016
Hi there, I had 8 loving chickens and purchased 3 day old chickens, they all got along great until, well unfortunately the old chickens were eaten by something (since then we updated the coop). My issue now is that I bought 8 chickens from someone and they are about 2 years old, but they do not like my baby chickens who are 4 months old and the same size. They just keep pecking at them and wont let them get the corn I throw in their coop. I have been keeping them separate with my goats to be safe, but now the goats are head butting them. I don't know what to do anymore. How can I help these young-ins? I cant loose anymore.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Thank you

Jen

They have to sort out the pecking order, and it may not be pretty. Make sure they have plenty of room to run around, maybe put food/water in more than one location. You can give them visual access instead of direct access and they can do a bit of their sorting out of pecking order with verbal clues. They'll get through it. Good luck.

Oh no really? Never had that problem before. I feel so bad for them, they are actually getting pecked at. Thank you for the quick reply and the suggestions, I will give them more food and water options to see if that helps!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom