New Chickens! - Thelma and Louise

CheekyChooks

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Doncaster
So I have now completed my little flock. We adopted Thelma (White Leghorn Hybrid) and Louise (Brahma) to join Molly (Orp) and Mini-Mol (Silkie X LightSussex) and from day one they have been getting on admirably. Molly has been a little more vocal and she on the first day she chased Louise because she took some bread before she had chance to get to it ... but now they share everything and are becoming a lovely little family unit.

Here are some pictures of the new additions chilling in the garden -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55916703@N08/?saved=1

Thanks for moving me ... I don't know how I managed to get the two threads mixed up
tongue.png

Last edited:
I guess thelma and louise are very popular names for chickens. LOL
Here is my themla and louise. Thelma is in front and louise is the dirty one in the back, she loves dirt for some reason.
IMG_3932.jpg

Last edited:
Aw thanks ... her feathers are kinda unusual looking which is why I picked her ...

Its kinda of confusing because my name is also Louise but the hubby was set on calling them Thelma and Louise so now I never know who he is refering to ...
big_smile.png

We bought them some live bugs from the pet shop and they looooooved them! They are just having a right ol' time pecking around after living in a chicken tractor on the poultry farm with many other hens and a demanding cockerel. Not that they weren't excellently cared for mind you (thankyou to the guy who let us take them!) but they just have so much more space and we spend so much time giving them new treats and sitting out with them its just such a pleasure to do cos you can see the excitement and contentment on their faces.

Back
Top Bottom