New chickens won't come out of their coop?? Is this normal?

a tree branch in the run can provide them with something to jump on. Moving the feed out of the coop will ensure all birds leave the nest in the morning. Up to you. Since hte run is covered, having it in the run is not an issue, the only issue would be topping it up but the coop has an opening underneath it so hanging it just there would be good.

a tree branch in the run can provide them with something to jump on. Moving the feed out of the coop will ensure all birds leave the nest in the morning. Up to you. Since hte run is covered, having it in the run is not an issue, the only issue would be topping it up but the coop has an opening underneath it so hanging it just there would be good.
We are finding the younger ones are not coming out and the older one in particular is kind of being bossy when do they venture out. We have added clutter to the run hoping this well help. I am wondering if moving the food out to the run would help or in this case hurt? Thoughts?

I am wondering if moving the food out to the run would help or in this case hurt?

I'm a fan of keeping the food and water in the run to keep the mess and trouble out of the coop anyway.

Can you separate the older one for a few days? Maybe in something like my Outdoor Broody Breaker or the Temporary Accommodations where I have the chicks I need to integrate? (I once isolated an injured hen in a pet carrier).

I'm a fan of keeping the food and water in the run to keep the mess and trouble out of the coop anyway.

Can you separate the older one for a few days? Maybe in something like my Outdoor Broody Breaker or the Temporary Accommodations where I have the chicks I need to integrate? (I once isolated an injured hen in a pet carrier).
I do have a way to isolate them.

Back
Top Bottom