1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

New chickens won't lay eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Annabele, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Annabele

Annabele Just Hatched

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi,
    I bought my first four chickens on Friday. The man I bought them from said that they are laying eggs, and each lays one everyday. It is now Sunday night and I've still yet to see a single egg! Any idea why that is? The chickens live in a stall in our barn. I made a nest for them and even put a hard boiled egg in it to demonstrate (my mom's suggestion). Please help = / I'm getting impatient...

2. rrrmamma

rrrmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    New Concord,Ohio
    Sometimes they just need a little time to adapt to a new home. Try to not bother them except tofeedforanotherfew
    I know it is hard to be patient, but the chickens need time to get used to their new home. Try not to bother them too much except to feed and water.I think you will see eggs real soon. Could they be getting out of the stall and laying somewhere else in the barn? One of our leghorns lays an egg in the bed of my husbands pickup.

1 person likes this.
  3. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    It will take some time for them to get adjusted to their new home just have to give them a while.

1 person likes this.
  4. ShinShien

ShinShien Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2013
    Alabama
    They have to adjust to their new home. I bought four 1-year-olds last year, definitely old enough to lay, and they didn't start for about a week. RIP, Broke-tail, Bobbie, Pipsqueak and Poultra *darn dog attack*

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by