New Chickens!!!!

Sep 2, 2019
Hello. I’m a new chicken owner of just 6 chickens in the state of Maine. Have two EE two RIR and two Delaware’s. Have read tons of stuff online and watched tons of you tube videos. Came across this site trying to figure out if I had any roosters. I think we have all hens. Got all my chicks at just a few days old at the Tractor Supply Store. They will be 19 weeks tomorrow. To our surprise one of our EE is the only Hen to have laid yet. Laid her first last Tuesday the day she turned 18 weeks old. Yes I did read that they are late layers but they are olive green eggs and we have just about witnessed it. Love how she announces that’s she’s done it again. We love our chickens. They have brought so much R and R time for my husband and I we just sit and laugh watching them. They are so stinking cute, such great personalities. Although our biggest hen Fast flyer named by my now four year old granddaughter has been a little aggressive with my other birds and me. But love this site looking forward to learning more about our new friends that we keep locked up out back. LOL.

Welcome to BYC - worked fine. Can you post a picture of Fast Flyer. The aggressive behavior you refer to is far more common from cockerels rather than pullets.
I will get a good picture of her tomorrow. I thought at the beginning that it was a he he had darker feathers and was bigger and quicker to do things like fly. Lol. but I’m pretty sure it’s a hen now. Not positive. Would love a rooster to protect my girls.

Back
Top Bottom