1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ourhouse51, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ourhouse51

ourhouse51 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2007
    SE Oklahoma....
    I have 4 RIR (2 roos and 2 hens) that are about 3 months old. Yesterday, I acquired 5 Buff Orphington hens and 5 guinea hens. Since I had my other RIR hen and her 7 chicks in the little coop, these all went into the big coop. I was a little apprehensive at first, especially with the guineas going in but I think it all worked out.

First rattle out of the box, Horatio, the biggest Roo strutted up to the biggest Buff hen "Pearl" and threw out his chest like he was saying "Hello.....girls!!!!" All the hens looked at him like he was crazy!

2. Kikiriki

Kikiriki Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Central Florida
    Congrats on having such a good welcome from your roo:yiipchick

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

WOW I wish I were as lucky when adding chickens. Mine always attack new ones. [​IMG] They are a big bunch of meanies!

4. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    that was lucky, I added a 6 month old pullet back into my flock,( I hatched this bird she was rejected by the broody along with her sister who was killed recently) its a long story why she is back with me temporarily but she came back and was like a search and destroy missle i had to segregate her awhile before she calmed down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by