New chickens

Coco Rae

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Hi, I'm new and I want to start raising chickens! I don't know what breed I'm going to get. I want a smaller breed that is friendly! I don't want to many eggs but I do want some! I'm getting 3 so I don't want them to be aggressive toward each other! Any suggestions?

I have a white leghorn, they are not bantams, but they are slimmer and smaller than an orpington, and she is the funnest one to watch in my yard! She wants to be everywhere at once but of course she can't so she's always moving from one chicken to the other! She is nice to everyone. They aren't super pretty birds but they do make up for it in personality! Mine has laid almost everyday since she started just this fall. Hope you have fun!
tongue.png

I have a Silver Campine who is very pretty and very friendly. She jumps onto my lap whenever I take a moment sitting down in their run. They can fly well, so you'd want to bear that in mind. I am also happy with my Rhode Island Red, Australorp and Barnevelder (I got one of each) but these could not be described as a smaller breed. Sylvia the SC is only small one.

Do you have to bathe them?
It seems that these beautiful white coats would need to be Bathed a lot?.

Back
Top Bottom