New chickies!!!!!! (Pics---what am I?)

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
So I went to the feed store looking for pine shavings, and ended up buying 8 more chicks!!!! Especially since a Standard Buff Cochin happened to come in with a batch of "Rainbow Layers", and she was so tiny, I just had to get her. So I ended up with 6 Buff Orpintons, one Buff Cochin, and one "What Am I?" If anyone can tell me what the dark striped chick is please do, provided I can figure out how to post their pics on here LOL! Thanks!!!!

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, and all I know is the SBC and the mystery chick came out of the bin marked "Rainbow Layers". So "it" is probably a "she". LOL!!! The only fuzzy foot that I have is the tiny SBC. Thanks!

I am really new to this but it looks really similar to my Ameraucanas. They are 1 week old and look a lot like that. Lay blue and blue green eggs.

Jonathan

Last edited:
I just hope the little SBC makes it.....she's very tiny, and doesn't ever stop peeping, even though I've been seeing her eat and drink and the temp is more than warm enough. She keeps trying to nuzzle under the Buff Orpington's wings, almost like she misses her mommy!!!! It's so cute!!!! I will be sad if she dies....I don't know why she would, but I hope she doesn't!!!

Hmmm....what color eggs do Americanas lay??? They had some other ones in the bin, too....they had spots/speckles on their faces...let me try to get a better pic of her...BRB

ops edited my original post and answered your next question. I will get a picture of mine.

Jonathan

Last edited:
Here's some better pics of her.....two of these show her with a bluish tint, that's just the flash on my camera being dumb...LOL!

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom