New chicks arrived...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by silvercat76, Feb 26, 2013.

1. silvercat76

silvercat76 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I got my order of chicks a day early which is great as we are getting snow tonight. All 20 and the extra they sent me survived, we ordered from cackle hatchery. Golden comets, white leghorns and brown leghorns. I settled them in with a treat of warm mash along with a mashed banana that was over ripe! They loved that combination.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Karen12

Karen12 Out Of The Brooder

I have my Coming in from cackle and they have yet to come (even though I am one state over :/ we did get hit with the snow already though). im fearing the worst fir my little guys. congrats on the new babies!!!

3. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Congrats! Glad they arrived early for you,we are expecting snow also.looooove cackle! My older girls came from them the6th. Good luck :)

4. silvercat76

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    Yes mine were shipped out Monday, but weren't due to arrive until tomorrow that's what cackle told me. I thought they would be a day early. What did you order? Did you get a ship date? A state over from me or from cackle? I'm in upstate NY

5. Karen12

It was the 10 bantam pullet deal. I had to call the po in Springfield, mo to find out they departed on the truck at 7:30 this morning....I'm only 9 hours away from cackle. They included a heat pack, but I don't know if that's going to be enough. Is my first time ordering though the mail and I am splitting the order with a 4-H member hence they had to be shipped early.

6. silvercat76

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I'm in upstate NY and received mine a day early, which is good because there wasn't much food or the green gel they use left in the box of 21 chicks. I'd be calling them first thing in the am. Good luck

7. Karen12

Thanks! For sure ill be calling of I don't see the tracking change .

8. silvercat76

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I'm trying to post a picture but I don't know hat I'm doing wrong, I'm on my phone so I think it's just me.

9. Karen12

Can't wait for the pictures! Thanks for all your help too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by